The Graduate Department of Exercise Sciences at the Faculty of Kinesiology and Physical Education is committed to the development, advancement and dissemination of knowledge about physical activity and health. For more than 35 years, we have offered a rigorous interdisciplinary curriculum for those interested in studies at the master's or doctoral levels.
- Full-time and part-time master's degrees
- Full-time and flex-time PhD degrees
- Programs for special student (non-degree)
- Graduate studies in broad areas of behavioural, biophysical and physical cultural studies
- Degree programs predicated on research
All master's and doctoral students must complete a research thesis, which is defended in an oral examination, and course work (2.5 full course equivalents [FCE] for MSc students and 3.0 FCE for PhD students). In addition, PhD students must successfully complete oral and written comprehensive examinations.